June 5th was the official start date of a KAL featuring the Featherweight Cardigan, but it is not too late to join. Go to the Knit Cafe’s Ravelry Group to get connected with other knitters.
For those of you who have never participated in a Knitalong before, let me tell you some of the advantages.
– motivation to start a project you really want to try but have prior to not had the gumption to begin.
– sharing the experience with others; getting inspired by their design choices and colours. Basking in the comradery!
– getting tips along the way from helpful friends. Knitters always have tricks of the trade that they love sharing, or adjustments to a pattern that make it unique or a better fit.
– the same helpful friends come to your aid when times get tough; answering questions and giving advice acquired from their own experiences.
– you may finish your project sooner. Watching other knitters project grow is a persuading rallying cry.
CaraMoo’s colour choice
Tosh Merino Light in Pop Rocks, Edison Bulb, and Tern
Cara has also posted pics of her other completed Featherweights. She has made her fair share and the pics are wonderful fodder for inspiration.
MichHaidar is really far along in such a short time. She is also using Tosh Merino Light
RobbieRobbie’s cardi in Flashdance Tosh Merino Light
diva2knit is also using 2 colours for her version but in the lace weight of Madeleinetosh – Graphite and Steam Age.
This is what the end result will be. Look for the pattern here, or come by the cafe to get a copy, and Knit Along!