Let’s face it, some people are hard to shop for. Even folks who are really into their hobbies, they eventually have every gadget known to man, but I bet your bottom dollar a knitter you know does not yet have some of these cute and useful knitter’s notions and tools.
- Honeycomb stitch markers with bee row minder, package of 7, $8
- Hedgehog Needle Gauge, hand made from sustainable bamboo, $18
- Whale Needle Gauge, $18
- Fox Needle Gauge, $18
- Sheep Stitch Marker Set, a beautiful tin with 5 circular stitch markers and a darning needle, handmade in Canada, $23
- Brass Cat Stitch Marker Set, with 8 stitch markers shaped like kitty cats, and a darning needle. Also comes in silver. $23
- Wee scissors, flower shaped or stork shaped in all different colours, made in Canada $18
- Pretty Bird Tin with 8 flower stitch markers, $23
These Needle Cases will hold straight, and double pointed needles and crochet hooks too. There is a pocket for all your other knit necessities. Available in grey denim with gingham lining, or blue denim with striped lining. These cases are beautifully hand sewn in Canada by Jesabelle B. $70 each
Lykke Needles are made in Norway from driftwood, need I say more?
The wood is polished and stitches slide beautifully, the cord is very pliable and the connections are very good. Needles come all organized in a beautiful case too!
We have two interchangeable sets. The small set comes with 9 short tips sized 3.25-6.5mm, with two 40cm, and one of each of 50cm, and 60cm cords. $155
The large set has twelve longer tips sized 3.5-12mm, with two 60cm, two 80cm and one 100cm cord. $173
Both sets come connectors, keys and stoppers.
- Classic Waves, Rosewood Shawl Pin $21
- Alhambra Lace Pin, White Brass, $42
- Mod Leather Shawl Pin, $34
- Merino Ewe Shawl Stick, White Brass, $29
- Aitken and Hyde, yarn bowls, hand made locally $45
- Eucalan Wool Wash, no rinse! 100ml $5, 500ml $13
- Woolens Pattern Book with patterns by Jared Flood from Brooklyn Tweed. This book has beautiful patterns for knit accessories made with Brooklyn Tweed Yarns which are also available at The Knit Café. The Woolens Book is $39
- Project Bags by Kate Austin Designs. These fabrics are designed by local artist Kate Austin, they are block-printed by hand on soft organic cotton. There are so many beautiful prints to choose from and many sizes to hold any size project. Shown here:
Draw String Project Bag $20, Tote $45
If that wasn’t enough, there is always yarn. The Knit Café has a fabulous selection of hand dyed yarns right now. Most of it is created right here in Canada. Just this week we received these gorgeous skeins of bulky merino by Lichen and Lace from New Brunswick.
Top, left to right: Amber, Rosewood, Faded Rose, Orchid, Pressed Flowers
Bottom, left to right: Evergreen, Teal Tide, Pewter, Calm Water, Blue Lagoon, Wildflowers, $28 each
Also newly arrived are these lovely skeins from Zen Yarn Garden, a dyer from Sarnia Ontario. This sock weight yarn might be the softest I have ever worked with!
Top, left to right: Arabia, Botanical, Mermaid, Notebook, Carcross Summer 1989
Middle, left to right: Tiffany, Dish of Pears, Notting Hill, Annie, Amadeus
Bottom, left to right: Aladdin, Into The Woods, Camelot, Matrix, Ted, $24 each
Give the gift of MORE KNITTING with The Knit Cafe’s Yarn Club Holiday Edition. This is a subscription lasting six months with three packages. Each package contains an original Knit Café Pattern and beautiful yarn to match. $100 plus shipping.
Read all the details HERE
If none of that is quite right for the knitter in your life there are always
GIFT CERTIFICATES FROM THE KNIT CAFE
Call: 416 533 5648, or write us: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can send a gift certificate through email!